Pages

Thursday 29 March 2018

🎵 Band Practice 🎵

Bula Vinaka and Greetings to you all.


Image result for band clip art

Welcome back to my blog and I will be talking about Band practice that we had in the last block of school. After we had taken the roll Me, Akanesi, Edith, Stepheny, Hevani, Tevita and Amon ( Band members) walked down to the Music room to practice our new song. We had a choice of playing Meant to be by Bebe Rexha or Thunder by the Imagine Dragons. Since we needed to change up some of the lyrics in Meant to be Caleb ( Our Music Teacher ) said it would be easier to play Thunder. I was excited to play that song because it's very catchy and I really enjoy listening to it. At first I thought that I wasn't going to have a part to play because to me it just sounded like there was only drums but I was wrong. One thing that I think I need to improve on in band is keeping in time because sometimes I was playing a little bit off. Another thing that I need to improve is trying to hit the right keys to play the right chord because I kept of hitting other keys and the chord was wrong. But since this is the first time practicing the song we did very well. Since our Drummer Demetrius is in Fiji our second Keyboardist Hevani got to play the drums for us. One thing that I enjoyed in band was watching how caleb can immediately tell what to play in the Drums, Keyboard and Bass.Since we won't be at school until wednesday I will be blogging more about what I am doing in the weekend. Comment down below if I have made any mistakes or what your favorite band is and why.

IALT: Play the song Thunder of Keyboard.

Image result for keyboard instrument clipart

3 comments:

  1. Hi Leilani,
    I really love how you have set a goal to write about your weekend and how you have already started of how we had band practise. I feel that you could add more detail to your work but using paragraphs, proofreading and punctuation. Over that good job! Ka pai!

    -Edith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and my favourite band is twenty one pilots because they are a band with only 2 people and they have such incredible talent. :D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Edith,
    Thank you for your comment I think next time I really need to read it instead of skimming. I would also like to say thank you for actually answering my comment and I will make sure to make those corrections.

    - Leilani

    ReplyDelete