Pages

Wednesday 14 June 2017

Earthquake on Greek island

IALT: Explain what happened in the Earthquake on a Greek island


Today I was reading through Kiwi Kids news and I found an article about an earthquake that happened on a Greek Island.The first thing that I saw was a picture with a damaged house from the island.The Earthquake was a powerful 6.3 magnitude which is a very big earthquake.The first thing I thought when I read the first sentence I was very shocked because that is very high.It struck the West Coast of Turkey and the Greek Island called Lesbos. Sadly the earthquake killed one Woman which is pretty bad it was one person.Sadly lots of buildings collapsed and blocked of most of the roads.I thought that it was sad that their houses broke because they might have lost precious valuables inside their house or they could of had several injuries.The earthquake occurred on Monday (New Zealand's Tuesday) 84 km Northwest of the Turkish coastal city called Izmir.I think that this is a sad event that happened because some kids might have been scared because they probably didn't know what was going on.Please leave me a comment if I made a mistake and please Click Here for the Link to the article




No comments:

Post a Comment